Sunday, October 4, 2009

This was not easy.....

First of all, this Jr. Assembley thing really is just a pain in my @$$. Our kids have to dress up, in "church attire" to go learn manners and dancing. Read between the lines! Our kids all discuss before hand,  to what degree of fancy, they will be dressing up to. Typically at 2 or 3 pm of the dreaded day, I will get the wail of, "I have NO shoes to wear!" or even worse,  "I have absolutely nothing to wear!"

This weekend was no exception. But a new layer of emotion was added.
 I will speak in code here. 
The cocoon has burst and a butterfly is emerging. AND as God is my witness, I will stuff that butterfly back in to that thing and wrap it up with duct tape!!!

She already had the dress. Thankfully she was willing to wear it again. Even though, girls document these things, to be used in the future as weapons towards each other in the lunch room.
Hopefully no one will hurl those ugly words at her.
Outfit repeater!!!

However.... it was working for us. But no shoes. She played me like a violin.
"Whatever... I'll just wear rainbows and everyone will make fun of me!"
She never batted an eye. I however, had a full body shudder. Could of been a seizure I don't remember much past the drool.

So off we went to the Shoe Carnival, which I am sure Dante meant to include as a circle of hell. I had my mind set on these cute little Mary Jane heels in the ever re-wearable patent leather look. ICK! NO! Really Mommy! Palease!

Then she brought over some street walker equipment. Uh, little girl! You are 11!
Then I explained that one was required to pass a walking test before possessing shoes with skinny heels and straps.
I swear, she must have been practicing.
 I sulked through the whole check out procedure. Which set the mood, because it got even worse.
The phone rang. The mother of "the boy" who is sweet on my daughter, is asking me if they as a family can pick the two of them up and take them to dinner after their etiquette thingy. I said, "Sorry, we are packing to leave. We are moving to Atlantis. That's right, that experimental under the sea place. Yeah, sorry!" (She wont need those shoes there!)
Back to reality. So I said sure. I acted like I was just waiting for someone to take this super model off of my hands.
We did the whole hair and nails thing. I made a few fake crying sounds. She said I sounded like a dieing baby seal. Thanks! I called her older brother, who always promised me he would be there, the day she went on her fist date, which this felt like!
He was full of excuses, "Mom, I'm like 12 hours away and I have a friend over." Excuses, excuses.... loser!
Whatever. The stupid camera wasn't working. (That's a whole different rant!)
I managed to freeze the moment with my phone.
Doesn't she look sweet? Or is that a smirk? Maybe a bit of smugness? I can't be sure, but I think there is an under lying hint of "I won"!
Later my phone rang, and I swear it sounded like someone who had been crying. The voice whispered, "nice shoes".  It was poor Honey, stuck at work, not knowing how it all went down. 

Bury me in those shoes? Please!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. She had to have the shoes...they are perfect for the dress :0) Sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

    I do like the shoes but I am not looking forward to my 3 year old wanting shoes like that :)

    ReplyDelete